<3

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Let the adventures begin!

We have finally made it to Virginia. After what felt like years of driving and several crazy baby moments, we made it to our home for the next 6 months. We were blessed and had the chance to spend the holidays with both of our families; Christmas with the Finks and the Vielmas met us out in Virginia for New Years. Lucky for them Mark put on a crawling show like no other! He has been unstoppable since we left Colorado and has been a curious little one getting into everything.
Now that it is just us three for the very first time, I'm reminded often of the very many reasons I fell in love with Wesley. That crazy man gets me like no one else and our son loves it when we're all together. I couldn't be happier! Mark has been loving all this time with Daddy. He gets slightly upset right after he goes to work and has been a huge cuddle bug lately. It is so sweet to see our little nugget extra happy. I think he is really enjoying this wonderful weather. It is for sure working wonders on his many baby issues! We go on walks frequently and I've already found him a play group to keep his social life exciting! He wasted no time checking out the southern ladies, though! Mark has perfected his wave and loves showing it off to everyone. What a silly nugget!!
As far as Wes goes, he's back to the daily grind. He's on what I like to call Army vacay. He goes off to work bright and early and comes home no later than 4. This is unheard of in his work life so I'm enjoying every minute of it. Compared to the long hours and rough days back with his old unit, I can tell he's truly enjoying this little break, not to mention the fact that he's no longer living alone.
I've been busy myself. Unpacking and organizing has become slightly difficult with a baby that wants to empty everything out onto the floor and hide it everywhere. I've also started my Coupon group online and I'm on my way to setting up classes all over town!

As a family we have been enjoying sightseeing. We took my family to D.C. and Williamsburg, and lately we just discovered some battlefields nearby along with Civil War forts and beautiful old homes. Today we saw the sun set over the James River. A true wonder for history buffs like ourselves. We can not wait to see what else the South and East Coast have in store for us. In our first week alone we have seen many things. I'm hoping these next 6 months are just as exciting and wonderful. Until then, best wishes from the Finks!

No comments:

Post a Comment